Nose & Nostril Correction
Nose & Nostril Correction (Rhinoplasty & Alarplasty)
Are common cosmetic procedures which reshapes the nose to be made smaller, bigger, alter the shape of the tip or bridge, alter the angle between the upper lip and the nose, narrow the nostril openings (Alarplasty), or a combination to create proportional balance and enhance your face.
• Men and women (over the age of 15 to allow for complete growth of the nasal bone) with need of aesthetic enhancement, or have or suffer from : defects, trauma, breathing problems.
During your consultation with the surgeon at the Clinic, the surgeon will review your medical history and then evaluate the structure of your nasal bones and cartilage, shape of your face, thickness of skin and your age.
Correction: Skin is separated from the underlying framework of the nose, and depending if the size is to be increased or reduced, the surgeon will manipulate the bone and cartilage to the desired shape.
Augmentation: A custom designed silicone implant is inserted in a pocket made at the bridge of the nose through an incision approximately 1 cm on the sides of the nostrils. Variations on this depend on the surgeon.
Alarplasty: Incisions are made to remove nasal skin and tissue at the base of the nose to make it more proportional with the width of the nose.
Time: 30 - 45 min (Alarplasty); 2+ hours (Augmentation, Reduction).
Anaesthesia: Local (Alarplasty); General (Rhinoplasty).
Hospitalisation: Day surgery (Alarplasty and Augmentation) 1 Night (Reduction).
Time Away: Allow for at least 10 - 14 days in Thailand for appointment, surgery, recovery, post op care, checkup/s and followup/s.
Pre Surgery Care
• On admission day, tests will be performed, xRay, ECG and blood tests, etc...depending on the type of anaesthesia used
• It is important to be as close as possible to your ideal weight and BMI before the surgery.
• Avoid all prescribed and over the counter medications (unless specified by your Medical Practitioner), aspirin included (can prolong bleeding time) : vitamins, herbs, supplements, alcohol and smoking for at least 2 weeks prior to surgery. Panadol is not contra indicated.
• Plan to have enough time off for surgery and recovery particularly if other procedures are incorporated.
Post Surgery & Care
• Follow your surgeons post surgical instructions.
• Pain is dependent upon the extent of work done and your general health and wellbeing. Every individual is unique and will have different recovery rates and pain thresholds. Pain medication and antibiotics are prescribed.
• Keep head elevated and apply cold compresses and rest for 3 days.
• Dressings, splints, packing and stitches will be removed in 5 - 10 days.
• Avoid initially and then limit exposure to; any steam, saunas, swimming. Rubbing, nose blowing.
• Removal of the sutures 5 - 7 days after the surgery.
• Avoid smiling, laughing or heavy chewing for about a month.
• Bruising & Swelling: 2 - 3 weeks.
• Regular Activities: 2 - 3 weeks.
• Strenuous activity: 4 - 5 weeks.
• Proportional balance and improved appearance of the nose to give a better facial balance.
This information should be used as an information guide only.
Contact: BKK: +66-2-392-3590
В Бангкоке +66 2392 3590
В Паттайе +66 38 252 055