Neck Lift (Platysmaplasty)
Is designed to lift the sagging and wrinkling skin of the neck. Jowls can form from fatty deposits at the jaw line and laxity in the muscles and the neck muscles may begin to separate and hang, creating "bands" creating the "turkey waddle" look.
Men and women with a neck that shows sagging, creases, wrinkles and the "turkey waddle".
During your consultation with the surgeon at the Clinic the surgeon will review your medical history and examine your skin and facial / neck structure. After examination and discussions, the surgeon will make a determination of the procedure that will be more effective or required, and if other procedures would be beneficial for a complete facial treatment eg. mid, lower face lift.
A small incision under the chin and behind or under the ear, sections of skin are trimmed and lifted into place and sutured and a section of fat and muscle is removed if need be. The ends are sutured to bring them together at the front section of the neck. The skin can be brought together under or behind the ear to further firm up the neck areas.
Time : 2 - 3 hours (depending on extent of work to be done and if other facial procedures are done in conjunction).
Anaesthesia : General.
Hospitalisation : 1 Night.
Time Away : Allow for at least 10 days in Thailand for appointment, surgery, recovery, post op care, checkup/s and followup/s.
Pre Surgery Care
- On admission day, tests will be performed, xRay, ECG and blood tests, etc...
- It is important to be as close as possible to your ideal weight and BMI before the surgery.
- Avoid all prescribed and over the counter medications (unless specified by your Medical Practitioner), aspirin included (can prolong bleeding time) : vitamins, herbs, supplements, alcohol and smoking for at least 2 weeks prior to surgery. Panadol is not contra indicated.
- Plan to have enough time off for surgery and recovery particularly if other procedures are incorporated.
Post Surgery & Care
- Follow your surgeons post surgical instructions.
- Pain is dependent upon the extent of work done and your general health and wellbeing. Every individual is unique and will have different recovery rates and pain thresholds. Pain medication and antibiotics are prescribed.
- Sutures will be removed in 5 to 9 days.
- A support will be worn at night to support the healing tissues.
- Avoid initially and then limit exposure to any steam, saunas, swimming, soaking in water in general, and direct exposure to sunlight to all surgical sites, for some months to achieve the best possible scar result.
- Bruising and swelling : 2 - 3 weeks.
- Normal Activities : 3 weeks.
- Strenuous activity : 4 - 6 weeks.
A smoother contoured neck and jaw line.
This information should be used as an information guide only.
Contact: BKK: +66-2-392-3590
В Бангкоке +66 2392 3590
В Паттайе +66 38 252 055