Forehead/Brow Lift (Cronoplasty)
Is a surgical procedure that improves the horizontal forehead lines and furrows, glabella creases and drooping of the brow itself, to restore a more youthful, refreshed look above the eyes. Particularly if an Upper Blepharoplasty is not the the full answer to the problem.
Men and women who have developed furrows or frown lines and/or a drooping brow.
During your consultation with the surgeon at the Clinic the surgeon will review your medical history and examine your facial structure and skin discuss with you and then determine the best procedure and method for you. It is important to understand those individuals who are bald/receding or high hairlines, may not be optimal candidates for this procedure. However, your physician may be able to use a different surgical technique in order to achieve the desired results.
An incision is made that extends from ear to ear around the coronal region of the head. This procedure usually removes loose, excess skin, as well as disrupting muscle activity and function. The skin of the forehead is lifted so that the underlying tissue can be removed and the muscles of the forehead can be altered, or corrected.
Time : 1 - 2 hours (depending on extent of work to be done and if other facial procedures are done in conjunction).
Anaesthesia : Local or General.
Hospitalisation : 1 Night
Time Away : Allow for at least 10 days in Thailand for appointment, surgery, recovery, post op care, checkup/s and followup/s.
Pre Surgery Care
- On admission day, tests will be performed, xRay, ECG and blood tests, etc...depending on the type of anaesthesia used.
- It is important to be as close as possible to your ideal weight and BMI before the surgery.
- Avoid all prescribed and over the counter medications (unless specified by your Medical Practitioner), aspirin included (can prolong bleeding time) : vitamins, herbs, supplements, alcohol and smoking for at least 2 weeks prior to surgery. Panadol is not contra indicated.
- Plan to have enough time off for surgery and recovery particularly if other procedures are incorporated.
Post Surgery & Care
- Follow your surgeons post surgical instructions.
- Pain is dependent upon the extent of work done and your general health and wellbeing. Every individual is unique and will have different recovery rates and pain thresholds. Pain medication and antibiotics are prescribed.
- Dressings removed within 1 - 2 days.
- Stitches or clips will be removed 5 - 7 days.
- Keep head elevated for 2 - 3 nights after surgery.
- Avoid initially and then limit exposure to any steam, saunas, swimming, soaking in water in general, and direct exposure to sunlight to all surgical sites, for some months to achieve the best possible scar result.
- Bruising and swelling : 2 - 3 weeks.
- Regular Activities : 2 - 3 weeks.
- Strenuous activity : 4 - 5 weeks.
A youthful, refreshed and smoother look.
This information should be used as an information guide only.
Contact: BKK: +66-2-392-3590
В Бангкоке +66 2392 3590
В Паттайе +66 38 252 055