Face Lift (Rhytidectomy)
Is a procedure that removes lines, creases and sagging skin by tightening the skin, to ultimately help erase the years of aging for a brighter and more youthful appearance.
Note: The face is divided in to 3 parts :
• Mid Face.
• Lower Area (Neck).
So : "A Face Lift" is the area from the base of the temporal area to the jaw.
Neck Lift and orbital area are separate procedures.
A "Full Face Lift" would include the 3 parts of the face plus the neck and the orbital area/s.
• Men and women with good bone structure but have sagging skin, excessive lines or deep creases.
During your consultation with the surgeon at the Clinic, the surgeon will review your medical history and examine your facial structure and skin. Communication with your surgeon is crucial in achieving realistic goals and desired results. Some patients may require or want to change the structure of the face entirely, in which case other procedures will be involved eg. Brow, upper and/or lower eye and neck. Other procedures may be Rhinoplasty, facial implants etc.
Incisions usually begin above the hairline at the temples continuing in a natural line in front of the ear and curve behind the earlobe into the crease behind the ear, and into or along the lower scalp (to the jaw) so as to make scars nearly invisible. The skin is separated from the fat and muscle below it. The underlying muscle and fascia are tightened and the skin itself is pulled back, trimmed and re-sutured using great care to minimize scar evidence.
Time: 2 - 6 hours (depending on extent of work to be done and if other facial procedures are done in conjunction).
Hospitalisation: 1-3 Nights.
Time Away: Allow for at least 10 - 14+ days in Thailand for appointment, surgery, recovery, post op care, checkup/s and followup/s.
Pre Surgery Care
• On admission day, tests will be performed, xRay, ECG and blood tests, etc...
• It is important to be as close as possible to your ideal weight and BMI before the surgery.
• Avoid all prescribed and over the counter medications (unless specified by your Medical Practitioner), aspirin included (can prolong bleeding time) : vitamins, herbs, supplements, alcohol and smoking for at least 2 weeks prior to surgery. Panadol is not contra indicated.
• Plan to have enough time off for surgery and recovery particularly if other procedures are incorporated.
• Do not plan any dental work until full recovery or do so before your lift.
Post Surgery & Care
• Follow your surgeons post surgical instructions.
• Pain is dependent upon the extent of work done and your general health and wellbeing. Every individual is unique and will have different recovery rates and pain thresholds. Pain medication and antibiotics are prescribed.
• Compression garment may have to be worn post surgery.
• Stitches or staples will be removed within 5 - 10 days.
• Avoid initially and then limit exposure to; any steam, saunas, swimming, soaking in water in general, and direct exposure to sunlight to all surgical sites, for 3 - 4 months to achieve the best possible scar result.
• Bruising and swelling: 2-4 weeks.
• Regular Activities: 3 weeks.
• Strenuous activity: 5 -6 weeks.
• A fresher, rejuvenated, younger looking face.
This information should be used as an information guide only.
Contact: BKK: +66-2-392-3590
В Бангкоке +66 2392 3590
В Паттайе +66 38 252 055