Chin Augmentation (Genioplasty)
Reshapes or enhances the size of a weak, receding or deformed chin to add definition, proportion and overall symmetry to the face.
Men and women with receding, weak chins or requiring reconstruction.
During your consultation with the surgeon at the Clinic the surgeon will review your medical history and examine your facial structure and skin. After examination and discussions, the surgeon will make a determination of the procedure what will be more effective or required. More extensive surgery may be required eg. Mandibular or Maxillary Advancement.
Depending upon your facial structure, chin implant incision can either be where the gums and lip/facial skin meet or under the chin to create a pocket for the implant. The implant is slipped into place and the skin incision closed. This operation can be combined with the removal of fat (liposuction) which can eliminate a turkey wattle or double chin.
Non-Surgical (which is not permanent solution) :
Injectable Tissue Augmentation - products such as Collagen and Hyaluronic Acid etc...
Time : 1 - 2 hours (depending on extent of work to be done and if other facial procedures are done in conjunction).
Anaesthesia : Local or General.
Hospitalisation : Out patient or 1 Night.
Time Away : Allow for at least 10 days in Thailand for appointment, surgery, recovery, post op care, checkup/s and followup/s.
Pre Surgery Care
- On admission day, tests will be performed, xRay, ECG and blood tests, etc...depending on the type of anaesthesia used.
- It is important to be as close as possible to your ideal weight and BMI before the surgery.
- Avoid all prescribed and over the counter medications (unless specified by your Medical Practitioner), aspirin included (can prolong bleeding time) : vitamins, herbs, supplements, alcohol and smoking for at least 2 weeks prior to surgery. Panadol is not contra indicated.
- Plan to have enough time off for surgery and recovery particularly if other procedures are incorporated.
Post Surgery & Care
- Follow your surgeons post surgical instructions.
- Pain is dependent upon the extent of work done and your general health and wellbeing. Every individual is unique and will have different recovery rates and pain thresholds. Pain medication and antibiotics are prescribed.
- Sutures, if any, will be removed in 5 - 7 days.
- Avoid initially and then limit exposure to any steam, saunas etc, swimming and direct exposure to sunlight the surgical sites.
- Bruising and swelling : 2 - 3 week.
- Regular Activities : 2 - 3 weeks.
- Strenuous activity : 4 weeks.
Proportional balance and symmetry of the chin and face.
This information should be used as an information guide only.
Contact: BKK: +66-2-392-3590
В Бангкоке +66 2392 3590
В Паттайе +66 38 252 055