Breast Reduction (Mammoplasty Reduction)
The objective is to remove fat, glandular tissue and skin, to give a woman smaller, lighter and better-shaped breasts in proportion with the rest of her body. Surgery can also reduce the size of the areola or nipple if required.
Women with very large breasts that restrict activities and cause physical discomfort.
During your consultationwith the surgeon at the Clinic the surgeon will review your full medical history then examine and measure your breasts and discuss the variables that may affect the procedure. A mammogram may be required before surgery.
An incision is made that circles the areola, extends downward, follows the natural curve of the breast fold. Removal of excess glandular tissue, fat and skin is extracted, then the skin is brought in from both sides of the breast down and around the areola, shaping the new contour of the breast. At this point, large areolas and nipples can be decreased.
Time : 2 - 4 hours.
Anaesthesia : General.
Hospitalisation : 2 - 3 nights.
Time Away : Allow for at least 12 - 14 days in Thailand for appointment, surgery, recovery, post op care and checkup/s.
Pre Surgery Care
- On admission day, tests will be performed, xRay, ECG and blood tests, etc...
- It is important to be as close as possible to your ideal weight and BMI before the surgery.
- Avoid all prescribed and over the counter medications (unless specified by your Medical Practitioner), aspirin included (can prolong bleeding time) : vitamins, herbs, supplements, alcohol and smoking for at least 2 weeks prior to surgery. Panadol is not contra indicated.
- Plan to have enough time off for surgery and recovery particularly if other procedures are incorporated.
Post Surgery & Care
- Follow your surgeons post surgical instructions.
- Pain is dependent upon the extent of work done and your general health and wellbeing. Every individual is unique and will have different recovery rates and pain thresholds. Pain medication and antibiotics are prescribed.
- Breasts will be wrapped in elastic bandage or a gauze dressings or surgical bra.
- Sutures will be removed 4 - 7 days post surgery (depending on site).
- Drains, if required, will be removed 2- 3 days post surgery.
- Avoid initially and then limit exposure to any steam, saunas, swimming, soaking in water in general, and direct exposure to sunlight to all surgical.sites, for 3 - 4 months to achieve the best possible scar result.
- A support bra garment must be worn for 4 - 6 weeks.
- Some Bruising may happen : 2 weeks Swelling : up to 3 months.
- Regular activities : 3 - 4 weeks.
- Strenuous activities : 3 months.
Well proportioned, functional and aesthetically pleasing breasts.
Please note that this information should be used as an information guide only.
Contact: BKK: +66-2-392-3590
В Бангкоке +66 2392 3590
В Паттайе +66 38 252 055