Upper and / Or lower eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
Is designed to reduce the appearance of tired and droopy eyes by eliminating upper folds and/or lower bags, to then restore a rested appearance to the eyes with a wider aperture, greater smoothness and symmetry. (Depending on the severity of the upper eye, a Brow Lift may be required also).
• Men and women with droopy or hooded eyes or lower bags/excess skin (does not erase crows feet).
During your consultation with the surgeon at the Clinic the surgeon will review your medical history and examine you. (An examination by an optometrist prior to surgery may be required). At consultation the surgeon will advise you whether or not Blepharoplasty or a Brow Lift would be of benefit to you. Blepharoplasty may also be done in conjunction with a Face Lift or other facial rejuvenation procedure.
Incisions are made in the crease of the upper eyelid and behind or beneath the lashes of the lower eyelid. Excess fat and skin are removed and if necessary, the muscles around the eye are re-draped. Fatty bulges or loose skin in the lower lids can also be improved. Incisions in the lower eyelids will either run along just beneath the eyelashes and a little out to the side, or the procedure may be performed (where suitable) by an incision on the inside of the lower lids.
Time: 1 - 2 hours (depending if 2 or 4 eyelids are done)
Anaesthesia: Local or General.
Hospitalisation: Out patient.
Time Away: Allow for at least 10 days in Thailand for appointment, surgery, recovery, post op care, checkup/s and followup/s.
Pre Surgery Care
• On admission day, tests will be performed, xRay, ECG and blood tests, etc...depending on the type of anaesthesia used
• It is important to be as close as possible to your ideal weight and BMI before the surgery.
• Avoid all prescribed and over the counter medications (unless specified by your Medical Practitioner), aspirin included (can prolong bleeding time) : vitamins, herbs, supplements, alcohol and smoking for at least 2 weeks prior to surgery. Panadol is not contra indicated.
• Have your eyes checked by an optometrist if you feel you get dry eyes.
• Plan to have enough time off for surgery and recovery particularly if other procedures are incorporated.
Post Surgery & Care
• Follow your surgeons post surgical instructions.
• Pain is dependent upon the extent of work done and your general health and wellbeing. Every individual is unique and will have different recovery rates and pain thresholds. Pain medication and antibiotics are prescribed.
• Keep a compressive adhesive tape over the lower eyelid and keep dry for 3 days.
• Head should be kept elevated when sleeping and cold packs applied to reduce swelling.
• Sutures are removed in 5 - 7 days.
• Avoid initially and then limit exposure to; any steam, saunas, swimming, soaking in water in general, and direct exposure to sunlight to all surgical sites, for some weeks to achieve the best possible scar result.
• Wear dark glasses to hide swelling, bruising and provide protection from the sun.
• Bruising and swelling: 2 - 4 weeks.
• Reading: 2 - 3 days.
• Strenuous Activities: 3 weeks.
• A wider aperture, symmetry and brighter look to the eyes.
This information should be used as an information guide only.
Contact: BKK: +66-2-392-3590
В Бангкоке +66 2392 3590
В Паттайе +66 38 252 055