Designed to remove the excess areola and nipple tissue, to improve the overall cosmetic appearance. Great for women who find enlarged areolas and nipples unflattering.
Women who have large and/or unflattering areolas and nipples. Nipples that point downwards.
During your consultation with the surgeon at the Clinic the surgeon will review your medical history and examine you and may measure the size and shape of your breasts, areolas and nipples to determine the size of the correction. Areola/Nipple Correction is quite often performed at the same time as a breast lift or reduction.
An incision is made around the outside of the areola with a smaller incision for removal of the excess tissue in between. Very large areolas may require a lollypop-shaped closure, where a vertical incision runs down from the nipple as well as around the areola and then closed. Sutures are placed underneath the skin, which help to minimise scarring.
Time : 1 hour.
Anaesthesia : Local.
Hospitalisation : Out Patient.
Time Away : Allow for at least 7 days in Thailand for appointment, surgery, recovery, post op care and checkup/s.
Pre Surgery Care
- On admission day, blood tests will be performed.
- It is important to be as close as possible to your ideal weight and BMI before the surgery.
- Avoid all prescribed and over the counter medications (unless specified by your Medical Practitioner), aspirin included (can prolong bleeding time) : vitamins, herbs, supplements, alcohol and smoking for at least 2 weeks prior to surgery. Panadol is not contra indicated.
- Plan to have enough time off for surgery and recovery particularly if other procedures are incorporated.
Post Surgery & Care
- Follow your surgeons post surgical instructions.
- Pain is dependent upon the extent of work done and your general health and wellbeing. Every individual is unique and will have different recovery rates and pain thresholds. Pain medication and antibiotics are prescribed.
- Dressings and a light gauze bandage will need to be worn for several days.
- Depending on the sutures are used, there may be no need to return to hospital (unless other procedures were incorporated).
- Avoid initially and then limit exposure to any steam, saunas etc, swimming and soaking and direct exposure to sunlight the surgical sites, for a few weeks to achieve the best possible scar result.
- Follow up : not required, unless there are post operative complications.
- Some Bruising may happen : 2 weeks Swelling : up to 3 months.
- Normal Activities : 3 - 5 days.
Proportional balance of the areola/nipple to the breast.
This information should be used as an information guide only.
Contact: BKK: +66-2-392-3590
В Бангкоке +66 2392 3590
В Паттайе +66 38 252 055